Monday, August 13, 2012

Secret #34

My comments on Reader's Digest article "50 Secrets Your Vet Won't Tell You"



" If we wanted to go into it for the money, we'd have become human doctors."

I could have gone to med school. Really. I scored high on the entrance exams- higher than a couple friends who had gotten pre-admittance to med schools.

I chose to pursue vet med instead. I did it knowing that I would not become rich. I did it because I want to help pets and their people.

Vets are one of the lowest paid professions with post-graduate degrees. We have an inferiority complex about it sometimes, and feel the need to defend ourselves. We work long hours, act as pediatrician, surgeon, dentist, internist, oncologist, geriatrician, and councillor.

We love it. We did not go into it for the money.

Enjoy your pets.


No comments:

Post a Comment